Friday, September 10, 2010

A lick of paint, a piece of fabric and voila!

It's taken me almost two weeks (due to sick kids and only being able to do one coat of paint each night) but I finally have a snazzy looking bookcase for Amber's room. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about taking on a furniture revamp since I've never done anything like it before but I'm really happy with the outcome. I think I might be hooked! It was so much fun that I'm on the look out for an old tallboy to vandalize next haha.


Here's the BEFORE...
and the AFTER...

I think it scrubbed up pretty good for a $20 second hand beat up old bookcase...and best of all Amber loves it!




2 comments:

  1. Saw your link on shanty2chic, thought I would tell you it looks really nice. I have a book case I want to try to revamp also. hope I'm as satisfied with it as you are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I have a beat up bookcase that NEEDS a facelift- you're inspiring me to pull it out of the shed, paint it and add some fabulous paper (or fabric?)...
    We have a friday link party- we'd love it if you'd link to this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete